Saturday, September 15, 2012

How I celebrated International Dot Day

Earlier this week I blogged about making your dot and that blog entry linked to a great idea about International Dot Day, which actually is today! I celebrated all week by sharing the book, "the dot" by Peter H. Reynolds with my fellow grad students, and suggesting a dot mandala directive.  I also shared this story with pre-schoolers I work with on Mondays.  I did the same dot directive with them.  I pre-cut blank circles, and provided them with crayons.  After I read the story aloud to them, I suggested they draw circles, or dots.  After a couple minutes, I also gave them bingo markers, and let them paint dots.  They really enjoyed this.

the "dot mandala" I made



animated version of Peter H. Reynold's "the dot"

No comments:

Post a Comment