Thursday, December 6, 2012

thankful for you

If you are reading this, I am thankful for you.  Whether you stumbled upon my blog, or I sent you to this page intentionally, I am thankful, so please keep reading.  I have been contributing to this blog much more over the past year and I have really enjoyed it. I thank those of you who read it. And I am forever thankful for each person who has been part of my life to help me grow into the individual I am today. I could not have gotten to this point without the village who has helped raise me (and yes, I know that is part of an African proverb).  But it's so very true.  I am blessed with amazing genetics of two parents that bring me great health daily.  And though over the years I have faced challenges with my health, it really seems small when I look out into the world and see all that could possibly be. My health is great. I am thankful for the ongoing support and love of my family. I have an amazing significant other who stands beside me. I have made it this far being ME with support of family, extended family, friends, my partner, mentors, teachers, professors, educators, colleagues, classmates, supervisors, bosses, pets, and more.  I just finished my next to last semester of my master of science degree and I graduate this coming May 2013.  This is a new and exciting time for me as I begin to look for jobs this coming Spring and probably move somewhere new again.  I could not have done any of this without your care and support.  Thank you for being in my life! :)  Here's to my final semester of grad school and finding a job!

3 comments:

  1. My goodness Erin, what an incredibly beautiful heart you truly have. Your gratitude is uplifting and inspires me to be thankful for "the village who has helped raise me" too :) Many thanks to you for your kindness toward others and me, Erin. The world is brighter with you in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin! This is so sweet and what an incredible person and friend you have been to me! I am thankful for you too, doll. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I love this! Thanks for sending it to me. I hope we see each other again sometime before too long! Good luck finding a job, and with all your adventures! :)

    ReplyDelete